Sunday, February 7, 2010

Something new from something old

Maybe it takes a snowed-in weekend to get around to creating something that's been 'on the table' for awhile. This collage is one such piece. I've had the parts of it -hand colored copies of photos, magazine cut outs and colored pencil drawings - for some time, but hadn't envisioned the collage as a whole.

 

It is a paper collage of me and my sister and our mom, from way back...much longer ago than I can remember. I guess snow days also allow quiet time to reminisce, to remember, to think about all that is, what could have been, and what is to come. Some people , they say, leave an indelible mark on our souls, even after they've left us. All of the memories I have of my mom are vague, at best - but, in my mind's eye, I imagine a loving steady relationship between the three of us...we three.

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete