Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My macabre answer

to a recent prompt on my favorite poet's page. It was for the word UNREQUITED, and it was supposed to be an acrostic poem. Of course, after I really looked up the definition of an acrostic, I realized that I could have used some more words per line, but screw it. The minimalist, hard core approach with which I created this beauty is totally in line with my mindset for several weeks. On top of the NEVER ENDING sickness in my household, I've also got a shitload of home maintenance problems...and it just started to get warm folks! Won't even brooch the 'happiness on the homefront' issues (not). sooooo, anyway.....this is what I got...


creepy, right! Yes! I like it too, I mean really...as far as composition goes, I think it really works, and it was fun as hell to create. It ain't pretty folks, but art often isn't. It helped me to see that I need to get back to my collaging efforts. I seem to have more fun with them, and all in all, I'm able to be quite more expressive.

On a brighter note, despite the recent shitstorm, I'm getting into shape and am consistently losing weight. So that's one really good thing. As long as the weather continues like it has been, I can schlep my kids with me to the reservoir, (or to the YMCA, in any event). Will try for something a bit more cheerful next post - but I'm not promising anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment